Goes on quick and easy!
Sizes 2”, 3”, 4”, 6” & 8” in stock or in production due to high demand.
- Clean the face of the flange to be tested and the face of the No Sweat Test Flange (B). Ensure the O-ring (A) is secure and undamaged, replace if heavily worn before proceeding.
- Attached to the handle (D) are (4) cables (F) retaining cam levers (C). Slide (2) cables (F) to each side of the handle (D). This allows for (2) cam levers (C) to hang on each side of the test flange when picked up by the handle(D).
- Lift the test flange using the handle (D) and align the (4) adjustment studs (E) of the test flange with the holes of the hose flange. Slide studs (E) through the hose flange hose until both flange faces touch.
- Locate the (2) adjustment studs (E) closest to the 3 and 9 o’clock positions. Using (1) cam lever (C) from each side of the test flange, align the cam levers (C) parallel to the body of the hose, slide the slotted groove of the cam lever (C) over the 1/4” hardened pin of the adjustment studs (E). Now rotate both cam levers (C) down simultaneously towards the back face of the flange until they reach a 90 degree angle from the body of the hose.
- 4a. As you fold the cam levers (C) towards the back face of the flange, you must meet resistance. If the cam lever (C) freely folds it will not compress the O-ring (A) sufficiently for testing.
- 4b. In the case of lack of resistance and compression, lift the cam levers (C) to release the adjustment studs (E). Then rotate the adjustment stud or studs (E) clockwise by 1/2 of a turn. Repeat Steps 4, 4a and 4b until the desired resistance and compression of O-ring (A) is achieved for proper seal.
- 4c. If the hose tester is not able to fold cam levers (C) to the 90 degree position, it is acceptable to tap the cam lever (C) once or twice with a wooden block or dead blow hammer.
- Locate the remaining (2) cam levers and repeat Steps 4, 4a and 4b at the 12 and 6 o’clock positions.
- Once all (4) cam levers are locked down at 90 degrees to the body of the hose, proceed with testing as needed.
DO NOT USE A METAL HAMMER OR MALLET, DO NOT FORCE THE CAM LEVER PAST 90 DEGREES!
MAXIMUM TEST PRESSURE RATING ON ALL SIZE NO SWEAT TEST FLANGES IS 600 PSI. FAILURE TO PROPERLY ASSEMBLE NO SWEAT TEST FLANGES AS SHOWN MAY RESULT IN UNSAFE OPERATION OR TEST FLANGE FAILURE.
Click here to view PDF instructions.